The Silent Questions - Part 3 - post 18
Drmarman
2004-07-24 07:02:03 UTC
Ancient Memories

Part Three

Ancient Memories

"Whispers journey far in the endless worlds.

"Echoing across the hills…calling through the valleys…stirring
thoughts to dream and wonder. Breathed like a sigh from the worlds beyond.
Shadows of an Ancient Memory…

"Do they call to live again? Or do they call like aged spirit to die?"

I wrote these words in my notebooks after visiting some Indian ruins in
Arizona. Images came to me of children dancing and playing upon the dust. Women
with backs bent in work and voyagers with weary muscles from a too-long
journey. The pictures seemed like more than just my imagination.

I was in a strange state of consciousness when I wrote the above words. I felt
as if a part of me was suspended outside of time and this vision was calling
out for me to see it. It came like a seed thought floating on the wind that
awoke and sprang to life within me, playing out recorded images from long ago.
Yet it also seemed like a part of my own life. Were these my own Ancient
Memories bubbling up from my own subconscious? Or did they belong to the outer
world?

I followed the experience further. I had the impression that this stream of
consciousness was speaking out from the land itself and was calling out to be
heard again. By listening to this long lost song, was I bringing it back to
life? Or, by being conscious of this memory was I putting old patterns to rest?
I didn’t know.

I had read about the Third Initiation and how it related to the Causal Plane.
It is a dimension where one can see the Time Track and read one’s own past
lives like a deck of cards spread out in an arc before one, or so I had been
told. But what I was experiencing seemed like nothing I had read. This vision
was coming through my own being. I felt like some kind of radio that was
suddenly receiving signals that had been bouncing around the ionosphere for
eons, yet the whole thing was playing through the fiber of my consciousness as
if it was a part of me.

I had studied everything I could about the Causal Plane and imagined that I
knew what it all meant, but what was happening wasn’t even close to what I
expected. I thought that observing the time track would be like watching a
movie or looking at photographs from long ago, and that I would feel detached
about what I saw. I imagined it more like some kind of intellectual idea, as if
I would suddenly be aware of the patterns behind the world.

I didn’t realize that my own being would become a part of these patterns, or
that what belonged to me and what belonged to the world would seem almost
indistinguishable. I didn’t feel like I was gaining new knowledge, as I
expected, but more as if I was now part of a bigger mystery. The silent
questions returned, and I wondered who “I” really was. Was I separate from
the world, or was the world just using me as a voice for its own message?

I had imagined my life as being under my own free will. I thought I had been
making my own decisions. But now I began to have the feeling that my choices
were not completely my own. Of course I knew that our lives are influenced by
the culture we are raised in, but now I was seeing it differently. Now I
realized that the world itself, or something even larger than the world, was
expressing itself through the lives of the people. I had been unconsciously
playing a role in some larger drama beyond my own awareness.

I felt perplexed. But this wasn’t something I could solve by thinking about
it. You can’t solve the question of your own Self by intellectual reasoning.
I was going to have to learn what this meant by living it. But what was it that
I was living? It seemed much larger than anything I had known before.

Visions like this one would come upon me suddenly during that time, and bring
with them strange feelings and images I couldn’t remember from anywhere else.
Then they would end just as unexpectedly. It was hard to let these stories hang
in the air like they did, with unfinished endings and unanswered questions. But
I had no idea what should follow. They just seemed to exist this way, like
intercepted transmissions without a conclusion.

One day I sat down to brush up on a little writing. The keys of my typewriter
had been silent too long. I thought I would warm them up a bit. I was expecting
nothing, yet suddenly realized I was listening in on thoughts from around the
world. I put down the words as they came into my awareness. Bit by bit,
unfolding before me, I found a story crossing time and space.

Simultaneity

The sound of the flute came from over the hills. All my sheep, every last
woolly, grew quiet and raised their heads. Otherwise, I wouldn't have heard it
with all their constant bleatings and racket. It was a soft sound, yet
haunting. Its direction…hard to reckon…perhaps from the hermit's cave…or
from the northern hill. It could even have come from the forest. The wind might
have carried the sound from anywhere.

* * * * *

I hear the call of the mountain god. The sounds of Bird and Monkey go silent
and Earth trembles beneath my feet. I know the call, and shed my skin like
Snake. My spirit dances with Wind and laughs in Dream. I smell Jungle Flower in
all the air.

* * * * *

As I recall, we were in the conference room, the five of us, that is. Jackson
was getting a beating from Tuberillo for blowing the last deal, when we heard
this noise. It sounded like the whoosh of wind.

"Frank," I said, "your window's blown open!"

Frank jumped for his office door, expecting a whirlwind of papers to swear at,
but everything was quiet. I don't know why, but it seemed awfully funny.
Tuberillo had the biggest laugh. Frank just smiled. We didn't get much work
done that day, but we had a pretty good time after that just shootin' the bull.
I think it was one of the nicest days I had with ol' Tuber, because I saw he
was a real person, too, under his gruff exterior.

* * * * *

I don't take much with memories, schedules and shit like that. Get it? I say
live life day by day. Ya spend your mind on a clock and ya lose it. Get it? But
that day there, yeah, it was a high one. I was jammin' with Johnny and Slips. I
play drums. We were movin' nice and smooth. Slips had some far-out riffs, when
Johnny – like that – drops out. Johnny's face kind of lights up strange,
like he was hearin' somethin', and I get these weird shivers up my back. Next
thing you know, we're playin' a new hit. Just like that! It blew our minds.

* * * * *

Oh, yes, I remember. I remember it well, for that was the day when the wind
became soft, and the desert grew quiet. My thoughts turned calm, like smooth
waters. Spirit Eagle called to me, but the sound came into me roaring, until
death took me. My body slept, but my sight awakened. And I must see the hunting
grounds, and I must feel such freedom, and I must know such secrets that leave
me hollow now, until death may come again.

* * * * *

God winks and universes quiver. IT's voice rolls forth, the Sound, and all Soul
is touched, all time, all space. What can be simultaneity but the touch of ECK?

* * * * *

What a strange experience, to be able to witness all of Time and Space in an
instant!

I knew that whether this story was literally true or not did not matter. I had
already learned that lesson, so I didn’t even try worrying about whether this
was True or False. But the odd thing was that when I tried to find the meaning
behind this experience or to understand the feelings and emotion of what I had
just written, like I did during my Second Initiation, I found my previous tools
failed me. I could not see behind the veil.

Apparently, this inner experience was not woven from a fabric of imagination.
It was not just a metaphor. This was some kind of reality at a different level.

As months passed by, I realized that the ground rules had changed again. The
lessons I had learned couldn’t unlock the mystery I was now facing. In fact,
I sensed that there was no way to figure out the meaning of this new state of
consciousness. I was simply going to have to live it to see what it really was.

This turned out to be the only course of action that worked. I would simply
experience and observe. Gradually I became more familiar with this new
dimension of life. Like getting to know a friend, the more time I spent with
it, the more I began to recognize it for what it was.

I was becoming connected to something that reached across time – something
that was a part of the very causation of reality. However, I was not prepared
for dealing with all the new feelings and thoughts that began flowing through
me. I suddenly found myself with all kinds of problems. I began struggling with
a whole range of inner troubles and conflicts, but I couldn’t separate out
which ones were my own or what I was picking up from the world.

END POST
spark
2004-07-24 20:42:59 UTC
Before I read much further I thought I'd ask: Is there any particular
feedback your looking for on these pieces? Is the a.r.e. crowd your
target audience? Seems like a Milman-esque (and others) sort of story
or lessons veiled as story. Is there still a market for these? What is
your intent? Are these recent or something you wrote many years ago?

If I take the time to read all the way through it will be too late for
me to ask if you want feedback as I will be compelled to give it ;-). So
I'd rather not read it and invest the time if you are not looking for
honest feedback. Or if you provide the type of feedback you are looking
for I might be able to rein myself in and focus on the desired feedback.

-CSK
END POST
Drmarman
2004-07-25 06:46:10 UTC
Post by spark
Before I read much further I thought I'd ask: Is there any particular
feedback your looking for on these pieces? Is the a.r.e. crowd your
target audience? Seems like a Milman-esque (and others) sort of story
or lessons veiled as story. Is there still a market for these? What is
your intent? Are these recent or something you wrote many years ago?
If I take the time to read all the way through it will be too late for
me to ask if you want feedback as I will be compelled to give it ;-). So
I'd rather not read it and invest the time if you are not looking for
honest feedback. Or if you provide the type of feedback you are looking
for I might be able to rein myself in and focus on the desired feedback.
-CSK
I'm always interested in hearing any kind of feedback.

I'm just sharing it here, but I wouldn't necessarily say that the a.r.e. crowd
is the target audience.

It might help if you read from the beginning. This is the 18th post, as it
says. Going back to the beginning might give a better impression of what the
whole book is about.

The part I just posted comes from my journals and writings of around 27-28
years ago. My comments are looking back over my notes and seeing the patterns
and spiritual lessons I was going through, weaving in my actual notes and
writings to illustrate.

I'm not looking for any particular kind of feedback. Whatever comes to mind is
fine. The impression it leaves you, or the thoughts it sparks, or whatever you
feel.

Thanks.

Doug.
Astral
2004-07-27 03:26:54 UTC
Post by Drmarman
Post by spark
Before I read much further I thought I'd ask: Is there any particular
feedback your looking for on these pieces? Is the a.r.e. crowd your
&
596
gt;target audience? Seems like a Milman-esque (and others) sort of
story
Post by Drmarman
Post by spark
or lessons veiled as story. Is there still a market for these? What is
your intent? Are these recent or something you wrote many years ago?
If I take the time to read all the way through it will be too late for
me to ask if you want feedback as I will be compelled to give it ;-). So
I'd rather not read it and invest the time if you are not looking for
honest feedback. Or if you provide the type of feedback you are looking
for I might be able to rein my
807
Post by Drmarman
Post by spark
-CSK
I'm always interested in hearing any kind of feedback.
I'm just sharing it here, but I wouldn't necessarily say that the a.r.e. crowd
is the target audience.
Yeah Spark. Doug's real target is his mother, father, aunts and uncles
and all true believer eckists. In other words, the choir.
Post by Drmarman
It might help if you read from the beginning. This is the 18th post, as it
says. Going back to the beginning might give a better impression of what the
whole book is about.
It's about Doug's ego needing the whole internet to get a good fit.
Post by Drmarman
The part I just posted comes from my journals and writings of around 27-28
years ago. My comments are looking back over my notes and seeing the patterns
and spiritual lessons I was going through, weaving in my actual notes and
writings to illustrate.
Vanity. What price vanity.
Post by Drmarman
is fine. The impression it leaves you, or the thoughts it sparks, or
whatever
Post by Drmarman
you feel.
Yeah, spark one Spark. LoL. Good god, and people complain about
anonymity? What about vanity publishing? What a waste of bandwidth.
Post by Drmarman
Thanks.
Doug.
Ken
2004-07-27 17:13:44 UTC
LOL ... You looked at your own posts recently? Pot, kettle ...
cher
2004-07-27 17:49:35 UTC
Post by Ken
Post by Astral
Yeah, spark one Spark. LoL. Good god, and people complain about
anonymity? What about vanity publishing? What a waste of bandwidth.
LOL ... You looked at your own posts recently? Pot, kettle ...
Yeah, but everyone knows who spark is. astral is just a mouth that
roared! <sigh>
Jadoo941
2004-07-28 00:12:34 UTC
Post by Ken
Post by Astral
Yeah, spark one Spark. LoL. Good god, and people complain about
anonymity? What about vanity publishing? What a waste of bandwidth.
LOL ... You looked at your own posts recently? Pot, kettle ...
Dear Dumbass,

I'm bored counting my money, so I will respond to your adolescent missive.
Jadoo941
2004-07-28 00:15:04 UTC
Post by Ken
Post by Astral
Yeah, spark one Spark. LoL. Good god, and people complain about
anonymity? What about vanity publishing? What a waste of bandwidth.
LOL ... You looked at your own posts recently? Pot, kettle ...
The difference between my posts and Doug's BOOK is that he takes this shit A
LOT more serious than I do. He's actually trying to turn shit into a snowcone.
I'm simply saying that eckakar smells like crap. See, genius?
Al Radzik
2004-07-28 00:43:53 UTC
HJave you ever seen Doug?
He has to be the ugliesat guy on Earth!!!!
I got whiplash when I saw his picture. He's a cross between Larry Fine,
Albert Einstein, Harpo Marx and a Fig Newton.

Alf
cher
Al Radzik
2004-07-28 22:05:23 UTC
Post by cher
What picture were you looking at? Doug's a cutie! He always has been. Of
course he doesn't look santa claus on crack, so maybe you're just
jealous?
There was a photo of him on his yahoo message board. He looks like a
Picasso through a kaleidescope.

Alf
cher
Al Radzik
2004-07-28 22:41:46 UTC
Mmmmm, yeah ok...whatever you say.<GGG>
What makes you think I look like that?

Alf
Post by cher
You're just jealous!
Jadoo941
2004-07-28 22:24:25 UTC
Post by Al Radzik
There was a photo of him on his yahoo message board. He looks like a
Picasso through a kaleidescope.
Mind posting the addy? I need a replacement photo for Bin Laden on my
dartboard.
Al Radzik
2004-07-28 22:46:05 UTC
Post by Jadoo941
Post by Al Radzik
There was a photo of him on his yahoo message board. He looks like a
Picasso through a kaleidescope.
Mind posting the addy? I need a replacement photo for Bin Laden on my
dartboard.
The darts would avoid it.<G>

Alf
cher
Wow... so you admit you're a worthless troll then? Great!
arelurker
2004-07-28 12:47:25 UTC
Post by cher
Post by Jadoo941
Post by Ken
Post by Astral
Yeah, spark one Spark. LoL. Good god, and people complain about
anonymity? What about vanity publishing? What a waste of bandwidth.
LOL ... You looked at your own posts recently? Pot, kettle ...
The difference between my posts and Doug's BOOK is that he takes this shit A
LOT more serious than I do. He's actually trying to turn shit into a snowcone.
I'm simply saying that eckakar smells like crap. See, genius?
Wow... so you admit you're a worthless troll then? Great!
Could this be the answer to Cher's question in another post? She said

"You know, for all the times i've been attacked in this manner on this
newsgroup, all I can do is have some small pity for such people. I mean
seriously.... what good does this sort of behavior do their movement to
deconstruct a religion? It just shows the quality if the these people.
<sigh>"

She gets attention by baiting people to pound her. I know the negative
attention is better than no attention Cher, but let's kick it up a
notch, eh? You'd think by now she would get it.

Lurk
Jadoo941
2004-07-28 13:52:31 UTC
Post by arelurker
She gets attention by baiting people to pound her. I know the negative
attention is better than no attention Cher, but let's kick it up a
notch, eh? You'd think by now she would get it.
Lurk
She sits in her shit because it feels warm and familar, not realizing she
stinks to high heaven....literally. I can't imagine the emotional pain she must
endure day after day.

Shall we pray for her?
Ken
Good lord, you guys sure do love to work everything up into a big drama.
arelurker
2004-07-28 22:16:32 UTC
Post by Jadoo941
Post by arelurker
She gets attention by baiting people to pound her. I know the negative
attention is better than no attention Cher, but let's kick it up a
notch, eh? You'd think by now she would get it.
Lurk
She sits in her shit because it feels warm and familar, not realizing she
stinks to high heaven....literally. I can't imagine the emotional pain she must
endure day after day.
She numbs it.
Post by Jadoo941
Shall we pray for her?
Pray for her to feel, then maybe her posts won't ooze with her numbed
and squelched self hatred.

Lurk
Al Radzik
2004-07-28 22:32:06 UTC
Post by Jadoo941
Post by arelurker
She gets attention by baiting people to pound her. I know the negative
attention is better than no attention Cher, but let's kick it up a
notch, eh? You'd think by now she would get it.
Lurk
She sits in her shit because it feels warm and familar, not realizing she
stinks to high heaven....literally. I can't imagine the emotional pain she must
endure day after day.
Shall we pray for her?
Naaaah, she might get offended.
cher like to fart in the bathtub and bite the bubbles as they rise to
the top.

Alf
cher
2004-07-28 17:13:32 UTC
Post by arelurker
Post by cher
Post by Jadoo941
Post by Ken
Post by Astral
[...]
And when you get pounded it's the fault of cultic thinking. We each have
our song, lurk. <smile>I have no desire to be submissive/passive to the
likes of you and your band of detractors. Detractors are the only cult I
know of that demand passivity in the face of verbal abusive pounding as
you so violently put it, outside of street gangs and common thugs and
criminals.
arelurker
2004-07-29 11:52:27 UTC
Post by cher
Post by arelurker
Post by cher
Post by Jadoo941
Post by Ken
Post by Astral
[...]
Yes, now you're getting it. When I get pounded by you it is because I am
making critical points about eckankar. You are over identified with
eckankar and take it all personally. You then proceed to pound me. You
have not listen to reason concerning your aggression, so I figure why not
play with it. I pound you in response to demonstrate and highlight your
vile and smile responses. Perhaps newbies can see the types of cultic
thinking they are getting into. And it is cultic thinking to be so
identified with a spiritual group and leader that criticism is taken
personally as you do.

We each have
Post by cher
our song, lurk. <smile>I have no desire to be submissive/passive to the
likes of you and your band of detractors. Detractors are the only cult I
know of that demand passivity in the face of verbal abusive pounding as
you so violently put it, outside of street gangs and common thugs and
criminals.
Nobody is asking you to be submissive, just stop being a cunt in the
first place and stop pounding on people and for God's sake, stick with
the issues. We have tried this experiment in the past and you have not
lasted very long sticking with the issue. You want to take it to
personal assaults, etc. But you can't help yourself. You need and
create an environment where people are reflecting back your self hatred
to confirm you self hatred. See how that works?

Lurk
cher
2004-07-29 14:32:55 UTC
Post by arelurker
Post by cher
Post by arelurker
Post by cher
Post by Jadoo941
Post by cher
our song, lurk. <smile>I have no desire to be submissive/passive to the
likes of you and your band of detractors. Detractors are the only cult I
know of that demand passivity in the face of verbal abusive pounding as
you so violently put it, outside of street gangs and common thugs and
criminals.
Nobody is asking you to be submissive, just stop being a cunt in the
first place and stop pounding on people and for God's sake, stick with
the issues. We have tried this experiment in the past and you have not
lasted very long sticking with the issue. You want to take it to
personal assaults, etc. But you can't help yourself. You need and
create an environment where people are reflecting back your self hatred
to confirm you self hatred. See how that works?
Lurk
LOL.... well at least I know now what lurk's fantasy world looks like!
That's a genuine insulated world you live in there lurk!
arelurker
2004-08-08 14:41:07 UTC
Post by Drmarman
Ancient Memories
Part Three
Ancient Memories
"Whispers journey far in the endless worlds.
"Echoing across the hillsâ€|calling through the valleysâ€|stirring
thoughts to dream and wonder. Breathed like a sigh from the worlds beyond.
Shadows of an Ancient Memoryâ€|
[...]
This last sentence leaves me wondering if me pointing out how Marman's
experiences were constructed has influence the way he is going to
present his "experiences."

This vision
Post by Drmarman
was coming through my own being. I felt like some kind of radio that was
suddenly receiving signals that had been bouncing around the ionosphere for
eons, yet the whole thing was playing through the fiber of my consciousness as
if it was a part of me.
I had studied everything I could about the Causal Plane and imagined that I
knew what it all meant, but what was happening wasn’t even close to what I
expected.
You see, it looks like Doug is trying too hard to make his experience
not constructed experience.

Post by Drmarman
movie or looking at photographs from long ago, and that I would feel detached
about what I saw. I imagined it more like some kind of intellectual idea, as if
I would suddenly be aware of the patterns behind the world.
I didn’t realize that my own being would become a part of these patterns, or
that what belonged to me and what belonged to the world would seem almost
indistinguishable. I didn’t feel like I was gaining new knowledge, as I
expected, but more as if I was now part of a bigger mystery. The silent
questions returned, and I wondered who “Iâ€* really was. Was I separate from
[...]
haunting. Its directionâ€|hard to reckonâ€|perhaps from the hermit's caveâ€|or
[...]
To say that you were able to witness all of Time and Space in an instant
is an interpretation that contains the implication of the story being
true.

Post by Drmarman
behind this experience or to understand the feelings and emotion of what I had
just written, like I did during my Second Initiation, I found my previous tools
failed me. I could not see behind the veil.
Apparently, this inner experience was not woven from a fabric of imagination.
It was not just a metaphor. This was some kind of reality at a different level.
Marman's experience are real, not imagined. Let all take note of that
and bow to the fact that he got it!
Post by Drmarman
As months passed by, I realized that the ground rules had changed again. The
lessons I had learned couldn’t unlock the mystery I was now facing. In fact,
I sensed that there was no way to figure out the meaning of this new state of
consciousness. I was simply going to have to live it to see what it really was.
This is too funny.
Post by Drmarman
This turned out to be the only course of action that worked. I would simply
experience and observe. Gradually I became more familiar with this new
dimension of life. Like getting to know a friend, the more time I spent with
it, the more I began to recognize it for what it was.
I was becoming connected to something that reached across time – something
that was a part of the very causation of reality. However, I was not prepared
for dealing with all the new feelings and thoughts that began flowing through
me. I suddenly found myself with all kinds of problems. I began struggling with
a whole range of inner troubles and conflicts, but I couldn’t separate out
which ones were my own or what I was picking up from the world.
Isn't it funny how Marman's experiences are straight out of Paul's books.

Lurk