Paul Twitchell=liar/fraud/plaragist..Eckists=DUPES!!!
Darrick Evenson
2003-10-15 00:36:45 UTC
It's ALL there. Twitchell was a LIAR and a FRAUD who invented his own
religion based upon Sant Mat Sihkism and other things he read from
books. Absolute PROOF he LIED....LIED....LIED about his own age, about
who his teachers and gurus were, etc. Massive plagarist.
http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/

ECK "priests" try to discredit me with anti-Mormon writings. Here is
my reply to those DECEITFUL articles about me:
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/baha/trojan.html

Paul Twitchell can't "save" you. He can't save himself.

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
cher
Darrick Evenson
MICHAEL
2003-10-19 00:57:28 UTC
Post by Darrick Evenson
Paul Twitchell can't "save" you. He can't save himself.
Darrick Evenson
Paul Twitchell passed away many years ago, Darrick... The entire premise of
the Eckankar teaching, however, is based on the fact that no one NEEDS to be
"saved".

We are Soul. Soul is eternal. Soul lives in the high worlds of God once
connected to the Current of Sound and Light we call Spirit (Remember, in the
beginning there was the Word?) Soul cannot be harmed. And all exists because
of God's Love ...

That was the gist of Paul Twitchell's message.

We all know you are a usenet crank, but if you come here and understand one
thing, your time wont be wasted... No one needs "saving" Derrick... Not even
you. We just need to wake up to who and what we are, and allow Spirit to
bring us to our highest state.

If calling out JESUS does it for you, I am happy for you. If you prefer to
call out BUDDHA, well, that's OK with me as well... I think Spirit is big
enough to understand the intention of the heart rather than the words in the
head, no?

Love

Michael
cher
2003-10-19 01:06:13 UTC
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=darrickevenson%40yahoo.com+%28Darrick+Evenson%29&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

For those who are interested in just how seriously to take this fellow,
darrick. <chuckle> I am still looking to see if anyone has set up a
kooklist on him, like they have on robert mcelwaine! I'm sure this guy
is in the running.

If you search his name without this latest email addy you come up with:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Darrick+Evenson

Unfortunately this guy doesn't seem to garner much respect on line. In
fact, just the opposite! <sigh>
Michael
cher
2003-10-19 01:18:37 UTC
A few pages in, on the googlegroups link I came across this one! Seem
familiar? <grin> I wonder if he's managed to post about how these people
were duped as well. <lol> tsk... bored people with internet access....
welcome to the 21 century. :-D
Subject: Any Caodaists Here?
Newsgroups: soc.culture.vietnamese
Date: 2003-03-09 18:27:58 PST
Hi,
I am American. I don't speak Vietnamese. But I am very interested in
finding out about the Cao Dai religion! If there are any Caodaists out
there please email me. Thank you!
Darrick Evenson
HEART HEALER
2003-10-19 02:22:42 UTC
Post by Darrick Evenson
It's ALL there. Twitchell was a LIAR and a FRAUD who invented his own
religion based upon Sant Mat Sihkism and other things he read from
books. Absolute PROOF he LIED....LIED....LIED about his own age, about
who his teachers and gurus were, etc. Massive plagarist.
http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/
ECK "priests" try to discredit me with anti-Mormon writings. Here is
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/baha/trojan.html
Paul Twitchell can't "save" you. He can't save himself.
Darrick Evenson
HEART HEALER
Darrick Dear, Thank you so much for being so passionate, but those of
us who are trying to deprogram these sweet folks who have been so
insidiously brainwashed WITHOUT THEIR BEING AWARE OF IT, are trying to
convey that the main issue is NOT about Paul's plagiarizing - a lot of
us have known about that for years. It's taken me days on this site
to trying to get through to them to make them understand that Paul's
plagiarizing has absolutely nothing to do with it! Frankly, I was
grateful that he lumped the best of all the eastern teachings in one
spot for us to learn, and I am equally grateful for the years that
brought me to this point. It's the information in the book that they
DON'T know about, because they are afraid to read the book the part
that is about about how they have all been spiritually raped, totally
unbeknownst to them, (we all were) in the most abhorrant ways. Ten of
them to be exact. If you asked each one of these folks if they
thought they could be subconsciously brainwashed, they would puff out
their chests and indignantly say NEVER! Well, surprise, surprise,
they are demonstrating that they HAVE been, daily, on this site! The
degrees to which they stoop to invalidate and smear the reputations of
the very people sincerely trying to reach them, reflects sadly, on
their own lack of ethics. Thanks again.

HEART HEALER
Rich
2003-10-19 09:41:37 UTC
Post by HEART HEALER
It's the information in the book that they
DON'T know about, because they are afraid to read the book the part
that is about about how they have all been spiritually raped, totally
unbeknownst to them, (we all were) in the most abhorrant ways. Ten of
them to be exact.
"The apostate is generally in need of self-justification. He seeks to
reconstruct his own past, to excuse his former affiliations, and to blame those
who were formerly his closest associates. Not uncommonly the apostate
learns to rehearse an 'atrocity story' to explain how, by manipulation,
trickery, coercion, or deceit, he was induced to join or to remain within an
organization that he now forswears and condemns."
(...)
"Academics have come to recognize the "atrocity story" as a distinctive genre of
the apostate, and have even come to regard it as a recognizable category of
phenomena."
(...)
"Neither the objective sociological researcher nor the court of
law can readily regard the apostate as a creditable or reliable source
of evidence. He must always be seen as one whose personal history
predisposes him to bias with respect to both his previous religious
commitment and affiliations, the suspicion must arise that he acts
from a personal motivation to vindicate himself and to regain his self-
esteem, by showing himself to have been first a victim but
subsequently to have become a redeemed crusader."
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q17526146
Post by HEART HEALER
If you asked each one of these folks if they
thought they could be subconsciously brainwashed, they would puff out
their chests and indignantly say NEVER!
"By 1996, mind control theories -- although still used by marginal anti-cult
groups -- had ceased to be a dominant factor in American court cases involving
new religious movements (Melton 1996). A well-known college textbook on
sociology of religion could list a number of reasons why the brainwashing and
mind control theories had been rejected by the scholarly community. These
include lack of empirical evidence, and exposure as a mere tool used in order to
deny the status of religion to groups perceived as deviant or subversive
(Bainbridge 1997: 235-236)."
http://www.cesnur.org/conferences/BrainWash.htm

"Why does the American public embrace brainwashing as scientific fact, long
after the scientific community and the courts have made it clear that the
phenomenon is dubious at best? Perhaps because brainwashing became so much a
part of mainstream popular culture; perhaps because it offers a "scientific"
explanation for religions we cannot accept. Perhaps, more profoundly, if
everyone who doesn't think as we do can be dismissed as "brainwashed," we can
keep asserting cultural and religious supremacy and still appear open-minded and
tolerant."
http://www.msnbc.com/news/971758.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1#BODY

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean
2003-10-19 11:35:49 UTC
Rich you are pretty good with all this ........... you must have a reference
system like the Library of Congress of your pc.

Simply brilliant <G>

Sean

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEART HEALER
2003-10-19 19:02:12 UTC
Post by Rich
the apostate, and have even come to regard it as a recognizable category
of
Post by Rich
phenomena."
(...)
Post by Rich
tolerant."
http://www.msnbc.com/news/971758.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1#BODY
` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEART HEALER
It will be so nice, Rich, when you finally have an original thought of
your own instead of having to copy. What you have forgotten is, you
came in long before these recent findings, and have completely
forgotten The Manchurian Candidate, which was about the real war at
the time. When you get a Phd in subliminal and subconscious
insertions, come back and write something original of your own.

HEART HEALER
Rich
2003-10-19 21:28:44 UTC
Bookmarks! It's all in the bookmark habit, and a bit of memory Sean. A
long time ago I wearied of writing detailed responses to the same
fallious assertions over and over, so I started saving links and posts
for future reference. I'm getting a bit better at labeling and
organizing them. Science, professionals, and experts of many
disciplines as well as some writers here have much more knowledge and
credibility than I do. Of course Google's birth and expansion helps
supplement and refresh it, since some links disappear and new info is
harvested in their database all the time.

The facts don't seem to faze the hardcore detractors, but maybe they
might help the newer apostates. If they are open at all, it can
actually help them to present their POV in a manner that would have at
least a semblance of credence to reasonable readers.

The detractors usually post with vitroil, dis-information, delusion or
projection, so simply pointing this out with links to the realities
saves a lot of time and reasonable newbies can get the picture more
quickly.
Post by Sean
Rich you are pretty good with all this ........... you must have a reference
system like the Library of Congress of your pc.
No, but I have links to the Library of Congress.<G>
Post by Sean
Simply brilliant <G>
Nah, after seeing this kind of stuff a few thousand times it's a no
brainer to remember a reasonable explanation or refutation by
remembering a link I saved.

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
Post by HEART HEALER
It's the information in the book that they
DON'T know about, because they are afraid to read the book the part
that is about about how they have all been spiritually raped, totally
unbeknownst to them, (we all were) in the most abhorrant ways. Ten of
them to be exact.
"The apostate is generally in need of self-justification. He seeks to
reconstruct his own past, to excuse his former affiliations, and to
blame
Post by Sean
those
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
trickery, coercion, or deceit, he was induced to join or to remain
within
Post by Sean
an
Post by Rich
organization that he now forswears and condemns."
(...)
"Academics have come to recognize the "atrocity story" as a
distinctive
Post by Sean
genre of
Post by Rich
the apostate, and have even come to regard it as a recognizable
category
Post by Sean
of
Post by Rich
phenomena."
(...)
Post by Rich
new religious movements (Melton 1996). A well-known college textbook on
sociology of religion could list a number of reasons why the
brainwashing
Post by Sean
and
Post by Rich
mind control theories had been rejected by the scholarly community. These
include lack of empirical evidence, and exposure as a mere tool used
in
Post by Sean
order to
Post by Rich
deny the status of religion to groups perceived as deviant or subversive
(Bainbridge 1997: 235-236)."
http://www.cesnur.org/conferences/BrainWash.htm
"Why does the American public embrace brainwashing as scientific
fact,
Post by Sean
long
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
everyone who doesn't think as we do can be dismissed as
"brainwashed," we
Post by Sean
can

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean
2003-10-20 02:42:06 UTC
Post by Rich
[...]
Well you're a real professional too Rich, that's clear in itself. Doing your
best ALWAYS makes a difference to others.

Love Sean

Post by Sean
Post by Sean
Post by Sean
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
reconstruct his own past, to excuse his former affiliations, and to
blame
Post by Sean
those
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
trickery, coercion, or deceit, he was induced to join or to remain
within
Post by Sean
an
Post by Rich
organization that he now forswears and condemns."
(...)
"Academics have come to recognize the "atrocity story" as a
distinctive
Post by Sean
genre of
Post by Rich
the apostate, and have even come to regard it as a recognizable
category
Post by Sean
of
Post by Rich
phenomena."
(...)
Post by Sean
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
sociology of religion could list a number of reasons why the
brainwashing
Post by Sean
and
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
include lack of empirical evidence, and exposure as a mere tool used
in
Post by Sean
order to
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
(Bainbridge 1997: 235-236)."
http://www.cesnur.org/conferences/BrainWash.htm
"Why does the American public embrace brainwashing as scientific
fact,
Post by Sean
long
Post by Sean
Post by Rich
everyone who doesn't think as we do can be dismissed as
"brainwashed," we
Post by Sean
can

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich
2003-10-20 03:48:50 UTC
Post by Sean
system like the Library of Congress of your pc.
No, but I have links to the Library of Congress.<G>
Post by Sean
Simply brilliant <G>
OK.. OK... Check your Pay Pal account...<G>

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean
2003-10-20 07:11:45 UTC
Post by Rich
OK.. OK... Check your Pay Pal account...<G>
<VBG> no need PAL, seeing this stuff going out is PAY-meant enough.

hey maybe I'll create a website?? . arrrrrggghhhhhh NO WAY [not this year
anyway]

LOL

cheers
cher
2003-10-19 17:40:04 UTC
Post by HEART HEALER
Post by Darrick Evenson
[...]
Fords ten devices.... <smile>
1) factual and historical inaccuracies
2) a failure of attribution (that's plagiarism without saying so)
3) substitution and association
4) name reversal, letter transposition, and adoption- the creation of
the vairagi masters
5) absoption of a teaching -the source of structure, terminology and
practices in eckankar
6) truth by detail
7) the techniques of fear and deception
8) verbal slight of hand
9) the many faces of eckankar
10) the land of contradictions.

Now keep in mind that according to ford's teachings here these only work
when attacking Eckankar. He didn't see fit to show how they work against
christianity or sant mat or islam. You would need to go through his
works and reconstruct them to fit other paths, and you may find yourself
throwing out many of his devices because of their apparent contrivance
of nature. <sigh> In case you hadn't figured this out yet, ford is a
lawyer. <grin>
Sean
2003-10-20 02:43:16 UTC
Post by cher
Post by HEART HEALER
Post by Darrick Evenson
[...]
And MOST importantly, some fail to apply these rules to Ford's OWN work in
the process.

Funny that! <G>
cher
2003-10-20 13:40:59 UTC
Post by Sean
Post by cher
Post by HEART HEALER
Post by Darrick Evenson
[...]
You know, if one actually does read this book I'm amazed that they can
walk away from the experience giving it any credence much less apply the
so called principle to itself. tsk....
Darrick Evenson

Darrick Evenson
Darrick Evenson
2003-10-21 01:49:30 UTC
Dear Eckists,

Had you not personally attacked me, I wouldn't have attacked Eckankar.
Superstious people will go from one fraud to another, so I have no
desire to have you leave Eckankar; because you'll just become Atheist
or go into another false religion.

But...NOW it's personal!

So, I'll keep informing people about Paul Twitchell, as many as I can.

Paul Twitchell was a LIAR and a FRAUD who invented his own
Rich
2003-10-21 04:06:42 UTC
Post by Darrick Evenson
Dear Eckists,
Had you not personally attacked me, I wouldn't have attacked Eckankar.
LOL Sorry, you've already been exposed for what you are, and what you
have done to other groups. Reposting this nonsense won't cover that up.
In fact it just adds to making you look even worse.
` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean
2003-10-21 23:00:09 UTC
Post by Rich
Post by Darrick Evenson
Dear Eckists,
Had you not personally attacked me, I wouldn't have attacked Eckankar.
No one attacked you Darrick, I for one, simply searched on your past history
on the internet and posted links to some of that "information" without
comment. That is NOT an attack but a help to other people on the newsgroup
to view your comments within some level of context.

If you see that as an attack, then perhaps some thoughtful repose about the
effects of your own behaviour of attacking other people and their spiritual
path would be of some usefulness to yourself, rather than projecting that
onto other people who merely contributed information about your good self,

A little self-honesty about your onw personal motivation to come to this
newsgroup in the FIRST place may also be helpful.

Sean

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arelurker
2003-10-21 13:04:47 UTC
Post by Darrick Evenson
Dear Eckists,
Had you not personally attacked me, I wouldn't have attacked Eckankar.
Superstious people will go from one fraud to another, so I have no
desire to have you leave Eckankar; because you'll just become Atheist
or go into another false religion.
But...NOW it's personal!
So, I'll keep informing people about Paul Twitchell, as many as I can.
You eckists and Harold are such fools. Ever since Darwin's day, eckists
have reacted agressively when the facts about Paul Twitchell are spoken.

Darwin reacted to a school paper written about eckankar and his
reactions earned himself a full blown expose book by Lane.

Harold reacted to Ford Johnson passing on Graham's journals which lead
to him writing a book.

Many of you eckists have created a.r.e. to be thorn in eckankar's side
because of your reactions.

A guy comes here who writes books about religion and you people want to
insult him left and right, not for his ideas, but attack his personally.

I hope the guy writes whatever he can about his experiences with eckists.

Y'all are a bunch of nasty, repressed, childish people who need to be re-parented.

Lurk
HEART HEALER
2003-10-22 08:01:34 UTC
Post by arelurker
Post by Darrick Evenson
[...]
Thanks for cutting to the chase, once again, Lurk!

HH
Darrick Evenson
2003-10-21 02:00:57 UTC
Paul Twitchell LIED...

*He lied about his age.
*He lied about who his guru was.
*He lied about many...MANY things!

Sam
2003-10-21 02:12:15 UTC
And Freud was a Cocaine addict.
And Grey Owl wasn't an Indian. He was a Scott.

Ain't fiction amazing?

Sean
2003-10-21 07:09:29 UTC
And author "Wei Wu Wei" wasn't a Chinaman either. Liars all bloody liars
everywhere I look. <G>

Just think Sam, you could have been born a Mormon instead. ;-)
Jan4litsnd
2003-10-21 16:25:13 UTC
Subject: Re: Paul Twitchell=liar/fraud/plaragist..Eckists=DUPES!!!
Date: 10/20/03 10:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Paul Twitchell LIED...
*He lied about his age.
*He lied about who his guru was.
*He lied about many...MANY things!
It's ALL there. Twitchell was a LIAR and a FRAUD who invented his own
religion based upon Sant Mat Sihkism and other things he read from
books. Absolute PROOF he LIED....LIED....LIED about his own age, about
who his teachers and gurus were, etc. Massive plagarist.
http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/
As we look all over the internet, we find each religion under verbal attack by
those of other faiths and beliefs. It seems a sad state of affairs that this is
true for this day and age, yet not unlike what has gone on in past history of
all religions, most people believing their viewpoint on truth and God the only
valid possibility.

In the past, many wars have resulted, and even today there is much the same
going on all over the world as people fight, literally, against others in the
attempt to impose their own religious beliefs onto others via force of will.

'Dialogue in the Age of Criticism' by Doug Marman is a chapter by chapter
response to one critic's book of charges, and refutes many of the speculations
about motivation, scenarios, and history about Paul Twitchell and Eckankar.
http://www.littleknownpubs.com/Dialogue_TOC.htm

On the subject of plagiarism, when the actual comparisons were counted up
paragraph by paragraph, they were found to be approximately .8% of Paul
Twitchell's writings, which is less than 1%. The rest of the story is that ALL
religious writings have built on descriptions and stories of other teachings as
well, and contain plagiarism. Chapter Six of Doug Marman's book 'Dialogue in
the Age of Criticism' addresses this issue.
http://www.littleknownpubs.com/Dialog_Ch_Six.htm

Eckankar is a religious teaching centered around each individual's very
personal experiences and journey of spiritual unfoldment into the God worlds;
as well as being helpful in gaining understanding of our everyday life
experiences. We are all individuals pursuing our personal spiritual path to
God Consciousness, and as such we have unique experiences and
realizations about truth, God and spirituality.
http://www.eckankar.org

Darrick Evenson