Truth Has No Meaning !
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-05 21:49:54 UTC
Truth has no meaning other than what we choose to give to it. Truth is
nothing more than what we accept it to be. Many intelligent well educated
people while in Eckankar accepted the list of Eck masters as Truth and
taught this truth as they accepted it to others. With out one Shred of
evidence that these masters ever existed they believed this was truth and
defended this truth. Later they came to believe that this truth was a lie
and they no longer accepted the original truth.

These same individuals came to Truth-Seeker based on a book by Ford Johnson;
in this book is the example of sixteen world saviors beside Jesus. Not one
shred of evidence is given to support this theory, yet these same people
rejected a former truth for a new truth that as totally as improvable as the
original, which they in time rejected. This truth of the sixteen Savors is
being discussed on news groups with as little regard for validity as they
asked for from the former groups and its list of masters.

Is it possible to prove that there were sixteen savors any more than it's
possible verify a so called Eck master from Atlantis? Yet these to theories
are accepted as truth and passed on to others Does either of these truths
have even the slightest meaning.

***** Is truth any thing more than what we choose it to be? ******

Truth can never be more important than your own understanding and awareness
when it is left open to growth and development.

" MAKE YOUR WON TRUTH, DON'T ACCEPT ANOTHERS. "
Rich
2005-10-05 23:36:23 UTC
Post by Garland C. Peck
Truth has no meaning other than what we choose to give to it.
That's only what *you* think Truth means. That's your truth. It's not
a "we" truth. Others can accept more expanded awareness that goes
beyond intelligence and education.

<SNIP>
Post by Garland C. Peck
With out one Shred of evidence that these masters ever existed
they believed this was truth...
Exactly like, without one shred of evidence they don't exist, you keep
insisting that it's an untruth. :-/

Given that you have repeatedly and falsely stated that I am one of
them... Specifically, who are these "they". Can you actually name one
that you will quote saying that is what they believe? You can't? This is
just another 'truth' of yours?

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-06 00:12:09 UTC
Poor, Poor Rich. You really don't get the jest of the post.

I can claim the Eck masters can't be proven to Exist " which is True.
"
You can claim that the Eck Master can't be proven not to exist " which is
True. "

Is one truth more valid than the other.

***** Truth is what you choose it to be.

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich
2005-10-06 08:58:34 UTC
Post by Garland C. Peck
Poor, Poor Rich. You really don't get the jest of the post.
I can claim the Eck masters can't be proven to Exist " which is True.
I get your gist completely. It's that you imagine and keep insisting
that because no one has proven it to be true to your satisfaction, that
it's not true. Your logic is that lack of empirical evidence proves
something false. You really believe that's a valid argument? Think it
through.
Post by Garland C. Peck
You can claim that the Eck Master can't be proven not to exist "
which is True. "
I don't think that's true. Have you ever questioned yourself on why you
keep attributing things to me that are shown to be false?
Post by Garland C. Peck
Is one truth more valid than the other.
No. The point, which I have explained to you several times, is that
neither are absolutes. You are locked into the illogic that there no
other possibilities. I on the other hand, perceive that reality/Truth
has infinite possibilities.
Post by Garland C. Peck
***** Truth is what you choose it to be.
I accept that comprehension of the simple logic, and what can be
perceived beyond that, which I keep pointing to, may be beyond your
level of acceptance.

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-06 09:42:28 UTC
No, Rich. You do nothing more than blindly type quotes from Eck books. The
masters you claim are not verifiable out side Eckankar.

What you do is no different than a Christian, that blindly points to his
bible claiming that its the ultimate truth.

When I say these Masters don't exist, you simply scream LIE, LIE, LIE.

You offer nothing.

***** Diana Stanley " the artist " who painted the Eck Master has
publicly claimed they are fake.

Yes Rich, I Know LIE, LIE, LIE

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-06 16:05:19 UTC
Diane Stanley didn't claim they were fake, she claimed that her ability
to work with Paul as an empathic artist allowed her to paint masters she
personally did not have experiences with via her link with Paul.
Essentially she made a case for her psychic abilities and sidestepped
the issue in the process. It's interesting that the detractor claims
that she said something she honestly didn't say have taken root in a man
whose having a hissy fit over what the definition of truth actually is.
<sigh> I would think that if you were interested in the truth, you'd
actually look at it as it is on occassion.

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-06 21:15:23 UTC
Cher:

I would think that if you were interested in the truth

Garland:

You mean like Paul, living in Paris, France with his sister, while she was
studying art.

Pretending to live in a foreign city, is perhaps the best way to meet a "
non existent " Eck master.

So how is it that none of the people in Tibet ever heard of Rebezar Tarz
....... Is it because they haven't read any street signs in Mexico.

Yes, I can see how much you care about the truth Cher.

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-06 22:28:23 UTC
Post by cher
I would think that if you were interested in the truth
You mean like Paul, living in Paris, France with his sister, while she was
studying art.
Pretending to live in a foreign city, is perhaps the best way to meet a "
non existent " Eck master.
So how is it that none of the people in Tibet ever heard of Rebezar Tarz
....... Is it because they haven't read any street signs in Mexico.
Yes, I can see how much you care about the truth Cher.
Oh I see..... you're incable of admitting when your wrong. Well that
explains a great deal. <sigh> Well... as you should know by now... Paul
didn't tell the story about France, Brad did. So that story of yours
goes down as you getting old and losing your memory. And we've seen that
in Kentucky there was more than ample opportunity for Paul to have met
his spiritual teacher. That's fact. And david lane's ability to be an
ass, is hardly proof of anything besides david lane's ability to be an
ass. Whose to say that none of the people in Tibet have ever heard of
Rebezar? Have you asked anyone in Tibet? I seriously doubt it. I doubt
that you've actually travelled further than google and gave up! So, are
you going to admit that you were wrong about the rumor you're spreading
concerning Diane Stanley then? Or will you just attack me, pretending
that this somehow makes you look less rediculous?

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-06 22:47:58 UTC
Cher:

Well... as you should know by now... Paul
didn't tell the story about France, Brad did.

Garland:

Is this book still being sold at the Eck Centers and other functions. Even
though it is now known that the book is full of lies. Has it been
discontinued.

Are new Eckist being told to avoid this book because its completely false,
or are new Eckist being allowed to falsely believe that Paul did any thing
described in the book.

Rebezar Tarz: .... said to be a 500 hundred year old Tibetan monk, that
has affected the direction of the universe. Yet not one mention of him out
side of Eckankar. With thousands of Experts on religion and spiritual
issues from around the world. and only Eckists have ever heard or him.

That little street sign from * Mexico * sure had an impact !!!!!!

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-07 13:28:11 UTC
Post by cher
Well... as you should know by now... Paul
didn't tell the story about France, Brad did.
Is this book still being sold at the Eck Centers and other functions. Even
though it is now known that the book is full of lies. Has it been
discontinued.
Here's a thought.... you know everything.... you figure it out. <shrug>
Post by cher
Are new Eckist being told to avoid this book because its completely false,
or are new Eckist being allowed to falsely believe that Paul did any thing
described in the book.
Why do you make such weird broad sweeping generalizations? At some
point, you have to own your own emotions, garland. Then if you want to
discuss details, get back to me. I have no desire to play the role of
your therapist until that time. <shrug>
Post by cher
Rebezar Tarz: .... said to be a 500 hundred year old Tibetan monk, that
has affected the direction of the universe. Yet not one mention of him out
side of Eckankar. With thousands of Experts on religion and spiritual
issues from around the world. and only Eckists have ever heard or him.
And if you look up Wah Z, what do you discover? I've already addressed
this issue of names, and you conveniently ignored what I said! I wonder
why? One is left to assume that it suits your desire to strike out in
anger.... given that you have the answers to your rants and ignore them.
Post by cher
That little street sign from * Mexico * sure had an impact !!!!!!
Apparently you ignored the warnings and decided to drink the water! An
IV should help with your condition. <shrug>
Post by cher

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich
2005-10-07 11:57:32 UTC
Post by cher
Post by cher
I would think that if you were interested in the truth
You mean like Paul, living in Paris, France with his sister, while
she was studying art.
Pretending to live in a foreign city, is perhaps the best way to meet
a " non existent " Eck master.
So how is it that none of the people in Tibet ever heard of Rebezar
Tarz ....... Is it because they haven't read any street signs in
Mexico.
Yes, I can see how much you care about the truth Cher.
Oh I see..... you're incable of admitting when your wrong. Well that
explains a great deal. <sigh>
Hmmm... Maybe that is it? His brain just short circuits when he's
wrong. He hits the proverbial brick wall hard and splatters into all
kinds of strange off the wall responses. Perhaps he never overcame
insecurity enough to just brush it off, pull himself back together and
move on having learned something outside his tightly cherished
perspectives.

Seems like it, but I don't know. It's nigh to impossible to discern
what going on with people like this, given this limited medium. I find
it somewhat disheartening when I try though.

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-07 14:01:45 UTC
Post by Rich
Post by cher
Post by cher
[...]
It seems to be a running gag of God's these days... but I've come across
a good many people who have confused their opinion with TRUTH for some
reason. The effect of the public square on people, I would guess. All I
can say from my experiences thus far is that there seems to be a broken
method involved that says I am, I am searching for truth, so therefore
what I think must be truth. A process that is supposed to simulate
spiritual seeking, apparently. Unfortunately they don't seem to have the
maturity to realize that there is big TRUTH and little truth, the later
being what we all use in survival. So the problem of the aberrated sense
of self exaggerates this little truth commonly known as "opinion". The
more aberated it becomes, the less room there is to be wrong. I chalk it
up to rampant fear and the lack of tools to deal with said fear. But I
could be wrong... <smile>
Post by Rich
Seems like it, but I don't know. It's nigh to impossible to discern
what going on with people like this, given this limited medium. I find
it somewhat disheartening when I try though.
When Garland first showed up here, he asked very keen questions and was
an interesting addition to the group. It appears, and I stress that
point "appears" that he's convincing himself of what he shares.... thus
the constant sub-loops for no reason. He's training himself to believe
as we speak. The pattern of repetition is obvious. Kind of strange,
actually watching it take place before your eyes. Like I said earlier...
the aberrated self starts to accept their opinion as TRUTH and well...
it's all over with but the crying.
Post by Rich
` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich
2005-10-08 01:02:09 UTC
Post by cher
Post by Rich
method involved that says I am, I am searching for truth, so therefore
what I think must be truth. A process that is supposed to simulate
spiritual seeking, apparently. Unfortunately they don't seem to have
the maturity to realize that there is big TRUTH and little truth, the
later >being what we all use in survival. So the problem of the
aberrated sense of self exaggerates this little truth commonly known as
"opinion". The >more aberated it becomes, the less room there is to be
wrong. I chalk it up to rampant fear and the lack of tools to deal with
said fear. But I >could be wrong... <smile>
It could be fear. Then again it may simply be overinflated ego reacting
with such anger that reasonable answers are not considered. Too many
possibilities and maybe even changing motivations for me to sort it out.
Post by Rich
as we speak. The pattern of repetition is obvious. Kind of strange,
actually watching it take place before your eyes. Like I said
earlier... the aberrated self starts to accept their opinion as TRUTH
and well... > it's all over with but the crying.
He's not the first that's gone down that path and will not be the last.
The challenges here seem to get to everyone to some degree or another.
Some aren't able to rebound.

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-08 13:00:42 UTC
Post by Rich
Post by cher
Post by Rich
method involved that says I am, I am searching for truth, so therefore
what I think must be truth. A process that is supposed to simulate
spiritual seeking, apparently. Unfortunately they don't seem to have
the maturity to realize that there is big TRUTH and little truth, the
later >being what we all use in survival. So the problem of the
aberrated sense of self exaggerates this little truth commonly known as
"opinion". The >more aberated it becomes, the less room there is to be
wrong. I chalk it up to rampant fear and the lack of tools to deal with
said fear. But I >could be wrong... <smile>
It could be fear. Then again it may simply be overinflated ego reacting
with such anger that reasonable answers are not considered. Too many
possibilities and maybe even changing motivations for me to sort it out.
And it's different when viewed as Soul from when viewed as personality.
<sigh>
Post by Rich
Post by Rich
as we speak. The pattern of repetition is obvious. Kind of strange,
actually watching it take place before your eyes. Like I said
earlier... the aberrated self starts to accept their opinion as TRUTH
and well... > it's all over with but the crying.
He's not the first that's gone down that path and will not be the last.
The challenges here seem to get to everyone to some degree or another.
Some aren't able to rebound.
When one decides to align themself with a given state of consciousness,
those vibrations will dominate the personality.... it simply can't be
helped if you lose consciousness awareness of what you're doing and why.
Ask any woman who decides to stay home and raise children what that wall
feels like when you hit it, and realize you're talking to your friends
in baby talk about the latest video you got for the baby. <smiling>
Maybe it's a stretch, but the mechanism appears to be similiar to me. As
the saying goes.... feed your head.... but the natural question is
then... feed it what?
Post by Rich
` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
really_dumb_ass
2005-10-09 04:25:44 UTC
Walt Whitman, feed it Walt. O r maybe the Last Waltz with dah Band. O
rmaybe you should feed the Walrus a Cabbage.Or pehaps you should just
King it.
Rich
2005-10-07 11:39:33 UTC
Post by Garland C. Peck
No, Rich.
I asked you if you believe it's a valid argument that a lack of
empirical evidence proves that something is false. I'm heartened that
you finally got that.
Post by Garland C. Peck
You do nothing more than blindly type quotes from Eck books.
Huh? Nothing more? Can't you see that those that read here know that is
a false statement? You gave up on the lack of evidence tack and changed
to this ad hominem nonsense Garland? Do you think creating a degrading
scenario helps support your POV? Did it help you to feel empowered?
Post by Garland C. Peck
The masters you claim are not verifiable out side Eckankar.
EARTH TO GARLAND!! How many times, in how many ways do I have to write
that I claim nothing about this list of masters for it to penetrate your
perception censors?
Post by Garland C. Peck
What you do is no different than a Christian, that blindly points to
his bible claiming that its the ultimate truth.
EARTH TO GARLAND!! How many times, in how many ways, with how much UPPER
CASE do I have to write that I HAVE CLAIMED NOTHING ABOUT AN ULTIMATE
TRUTH, for it to get through to your conscious mind?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Or are you not reading
what I write and just attacking your own imaginations about me?
Seriously... I don't understand how you could have missed so badly what
I've been writing to you.
Post by Garland C. Peck
When I say these Masters don't exist, you simply scream LIE, LIE, LIE.
Has your comprehension skill really gone that senile, or is that a lie?
Post by Garland C. Peck
You offer nothing.
I keep offering, you just haven't let yourself accept it. You are
welcome to _your_ truth. You will eventually recognize it as such, and
be content without needing to cover up others' with it.

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-10 12:22:20 UTC
Why Sri Harold is rewriting Eckankar History to make it look like Sri Darwin
never existed. On the Eck web site he is not mentioned nor is there any
trace of him at any of the Eck centers. Sri Darwin is supposed to have been
the living Eck Master, belonging to an unbreakable line of masters. So why
try to make it look like he never existed. Does truth and honesty have
anything to do with spiritual growth, if so, .. Why the deception.

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-10 14:25:24 UTC
Why do you see this as deception? How would you handle the spiritual
crisis of a master, if not honestly and directly? Are you suggesting
that if a master becomes unstable or unbalanced that the path should do
nothing? Or that the path should promote a lie that "all is well,
there's nothing to see here... move along"? See... this is one of those
issues that just keeps coming up for some reason, but it makes
absolutely no sense whatsoever. Darwin is manifesting his own life
experiences, and is accountable to the choices he alone makes. No one
owes him anything regardless of his choices or behavior... they belong
to him. It's not as if Darwin is a deep dark secret in Eckankar, his
history is openly discussed and not hidden in any way. Ask any H.I. that
you know about Darwin and they'll share with you what is right in their
viewpoint... there's no party line coming from the main office setting
what is said. I just don't understand how some people can waste their
creative talent coming up this sort of stuff. <shrug> But it's your
life... do with it what you choose... Baraka Bashad. :-)

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-10 19:59:34 UTC
Spiritual?

Was this ever been anything more than just another Human power struggle.
Two men wanting control of the same money making organization.

Like any other power struggle it was settled in court, by a judge.

NO, nine silent ones, involved.

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cher
2005-10-10 21:15:00 UTC
In case no one has shared this concept with you before.... life happens
on all levels at once, not one at a time or exclusive of all others.

As for your viewpoint.... it's pretty easy to see that if they'd not
gone to court, you'd be complaining about that as well. <shrug> Sorry
you were disappointed by not getting the magic show you longed for. <smile>

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich
2005-10-10 14:18:23 UTC
Post by Garland C. Peck
Why Sri Harold is rewriting Eckankar History to make it look like
Sri Darwin never existed.
He isn't. Again, you haven't done any research. Darwin is mentioned in
at least two publications, and on the Eckankar web site.

It seems lately that most all your posts to me are based on blatantly
false suppositions. It's tedious to respond to this kind of boorish
thinking. This is just another example of you believing that what you
say is true or false because you haven't personally seen the contrary.
Post by Garland C. Peck
Post by Rich
I asked you if you believe it's a valid argument that a lack of
empirical evidence proves that something is false. I'm heartened
that you finally got that.
Sadly, I was wrong... You were not responding to what I wrote after all.
I had hoped that the "EARTH TO GARLAND!!" bits might have prompted an
end to your ostrich stance, and you would make some effort not to
embarrass yourself again.

Can you tell me a good reason I should continue trying to spoon feed you
when you give back nothing but obstinate closed mindedness?

` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garland C. Peck
2005-10-10 19:55:46 UTC
Rich Wrote:

Can you tell me a good reason I should continue trying to spoon feed you
when you give back nothing but obstinate closed mindedness?

Garland:

Rich at no time have you tried to spoon feed me. You have done nothing but
try desperately to convince yourself that you still believe. what you are
saying.

Rich you are here day after day after day. Blindly typing a list of
non-Existent Masters.

You are no more enlightened that the rest of us Rich.

* Pretend all you want. *

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ken
2005-10-10 21:32:14 UTC
Post by Rich
Can you tell me a good reason I should continue trying to spoon feed you
when you give back nothing but obstinate closed mindedness?
Rich at no time have you tried to spoon feed me. You have done nothing but try desperately to
convince yourself that you still believe. what you are saying.
Rich you are here day after day after day. Blindly typing a list of non-Existent Masters.
You are no more enlightened that the rest of us Rich.
* Pretend all you want. *
As far as I know Rich has never said that he thought he was more
enlightened that the rest of us. The detractors and critics however,
seem to spend nearly all of their time here telling us how smart and
clever they are and how backwards and strange Eckists are.

Pah!

:-)

Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich
2005-10-11 04:06:26 UTC
Post by Rich
Can you tell me a good reason I should continue trying to spoon feed
you when you give back nothing but obstinate closed mindedness?
Rich at no time have you tried to spoon feed me.
I keep writing and then elaborating in follow-up posts with simple
answers and information, and you keep responding as if you didn't
comprehend one single thing that I wrote. I'm becoming convinced that
you really are not registering what I write at all. Worse, like your
blather below, you continue to keep writing blatantly false nonsense
about me. I really can't discern what specifically is causing you at act
in this bizarre manner, but you are quickly relegating yourself to the
likes of Alfie, Gary and Simon where it becomes prudent to not encourage
by feeding that kind of behavior.

What is it about you that you can't admit you were wrong? Seriously..
It's really simple. It's not such a terrible failure that you have to
dodge it.

In this case, instead of not facing it by attacking me, you could have
said any one of several things such as:
"Oh, opps, my mistake."
"I didn't know that Darwin was not being completely written out of
Eckankar's history."
"I see now that Harold has not making it look like he never existed."
"No biggie."
"That's what I get for believing Eckankar's detractors and apostates."
"Sorry, I should have researched this myself first."
"I apologize for my non sequitur/ad hominem. I just got carried away."
` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \