It was fun while it lasted --- now Google Groups is Dying -- no loss
Henosis Sage
2023-12-17 09:54:19 UTC
Effective from 15 February 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed

WOW

I actually came to share this https://darkfutura.substack.com/p/dead-internet

.... only to discover this place is finally dying too.

fwiw in 2004 and 2005 is when I kind of hit the wall on the internet .... II had become pretty good on google search and adsense .... writing up websites and posting (i guess in hindsight it was rubbish here) on a.r.e.

But those were the days. I lasted a while longer here, gave up on Google and "stuff" and now here we are. It's all over folks.

Well Peace to one and all. I offer everyone I have ever offended an unconditional apology. And much gratitude to everyone who cared about me my friends and life in general.

Peace Unto You = Santim Vah

(try me at yahoo ...)
MummyChunk
2023-12-20 17:33:27 UTC
Post by Henosis Sage
Effective from 15 February 2024, Google Groups will no longe
support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowe
Post by Henosis Sage
WOW
I actually came to share thi
Post by Henosis Sage
..... only to discover this place is finally dying too.
fwiw in 2004 and 2005 is when I kind of hit the wall on th
internet .... II had become pretty good on google search and adsens
... writing up websites and posting (i guess in hindsight it wa
rubbish here) on a.r.e.
Post by Henosis Sage
Well Peace to one and all. I offer everyone I have ever offended a
unconditional apology. And much gratitude to everyone who cared abou
me my friends and life in general.
Post by Henosis Sage
Peace Unto You = Santim Vah
(try me at yahoo ...
Plenty of other web based access sit
to this group are out there for those who do not want to use a NNT
serve

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657469879#65746987
godzilla
2023-12-30 16:16:46 UTC
Post by Henosis Sage
Effective from 15 February 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed
WOW
I actually came to share this https://darkfutura.substack.com/p/dead-internet
.... only to discover this place is finally dying too.

Hi Henosis and all!

Isn't it mildly ironic that a site with an article that complains that "...one can hardly check the weather without a withering barrage of pop-ups and eye-splattering Captchas..." actually makes you click through a pop up to read that article?

A better new year to you....
Henosis Sage
2024-01-08 05:23:33 UTC
Post by godzilla
Post by Henosis Sage
Effective from 15 February 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed
WOW
I actually came to share this https://darkfutura.substack.com/p/dead-internet
.... only to discover this place is finally dying too.
Hi Henosis and all!
Isn't it mildly ironic that a site with an article that complains that "...one can hardly check the weather without a withering barrage of pop-ups and eye-splattering Captchas..." actually makes you click through a pop up to read that article?
A better new year to you....
You are correct about that godzilla. Everywhere we go, who are you, sign up here, don't miss this, subscribe, popup after popup and would you like this too?

Also to think 20 years ago I thought Google was amazing. Doh!

A better year (and life) ahead for you too ... may Peace surround you in this warring selfish world.
I believe things are going to get grim. Take care.