Coronavirus USA - Blind leading the blind
Etznab
2020-04-04 02:41:25 UTC
Three months after the start of a pandemic, the head of the CDC suggests wearing masks is probably a good idea.
Etznab
2020-04-04 02:50:35 UTC
Post by Etznab
Three months after the start of a pandemic, the head of the CDC suggests wearing masks is probably a good idea.
It only took three months to put on their thinking caps.

fife
2020-04-04 02:59:49 UTC
Yeah. Today we're supposed to voluntarily (it's a suggestion) cover our face with any kind of a cloth.
I've been looking around my apartment and I can't really find anything suitable. Maybe I'll tear up an old sheet and tie it across my face.
Supposed to wear masks? Yeah, good luck finding any. Or thermometers. Or toilet paper.
fife
2020-04-04 03:07:28 UTC
I looked up the 1918 flu epidemic today. Do you know how long it lasted? 1 year and 11 months. Virtually 2 years. From January 1918 to December 1920.
fife
2020-04-04 03:13:18 UTC
I looked up the 1918 flu epidemic today. Do you know how long it lasted? 2 years and 11 months. Virtually 3 years. From January 1918 to December 1920.

Is that math right?
fife
2020-04-04 03:51:35 UTC
Or we could wear a paper (or a plastic) bag over our head with holes cut out for the eyes if we don't mind getting shot for walking into a convenience store that way.
This could go on for a long time. Into the Fall. Through the holiday season? Through Christmas? Into January? People are going to have to get their heads straight about a lot of things. Including wiping out store supplies so the normal chain of supply and resupply can't work but not just limited to that.
It takes a year to prepare vaccines for the next flu strain they think is likely to be the most prevalent one in the coming season.
And for something like this? ("Surprise, surprise here's a new virus to deal with.") 18 months?
fife
2020-04-04 04:31:08 UTC
We may only beat the 1918 record by what?, 17 months. So why can't the "infotainment" media just, please, S.T.F.U. unless there's some real news? Not just kibbitz, kibbitz, kibbitz about this all day long. That's not helping. "People", "everyone" can't stay freaked out for a year, 18 months, or even 6 months. That's not a "normal" I want. Or maybe it's time to figure out that's been the normal for a long time. The only difference being that 99.9% of the stories anyone sponges up don't touch them in any personal way whatsoever. But that's also true about the feed from everywhere about this thing as well.
fife
2020-04-04 05:33:18 UTC
Apr 2Tisra Til
I think, and have thought since the late 80's, that the biggest problem with education is information overload. The amount of information that seeps into education increases every year. That means the young person has to absorb a lot more information than the teacher did when they were in school. And even back then I wondered if the teachers were even aware of this.

(this is from another thread a couple of days ago)

Yeah, well. It's true there are no I.A. groups anywhere that meet on a regular basis (infotainment addicts anonymous). Because no one thinks they're an addict (they think its the culture). And no one thinks there's a problem.
fife
2020-04-04 05:36:29 UTC

Yeah, well. It's true there are no I.A. groups anywhere that meet on a regular basis (infotainment addicts anonymous). Because no one thinks they're an addict (they think its the culture). And no one thinks it's a problem.
fife
2020-04-04 07:23:12 UTC
I just mean I think it's a different slice of the same pie. A different topic but the same subject.
fife
2020-04-04 08:25:20 UTC
XXX

This post should maybe be in a new thread. But something like this Covid thing hits the people hardest not only on the health margins but the economic margins as well. And I say economic margins because if I social margins that would shut off half of people's minds right away.

But this is what I mean about "economy". It's not just business and money and employment. Because a ton of money goes back to both ends of the society either as support or favors. And there's nothing economical about that and the increasingly unhealthy society (not population, there's a difference) that gives us.

Today's "economy" by all its metrics is a coke dream.

No one's calculating the social distortions and adding those metrics to the economic forecast so we know whether the money is doing any good or not.
fife
2020-04-04 10:14:38 UTC
XXX

This post should maybe be in a new thread. But something like this Covid thing hits the people hardest not only on the health margins but the economic margins as well. And I say economic margins because if I said social margins that would shut off half of people's minds right away.

fife

fife
2020-04-04 12:11:16 UTC

An economy that is increasingly superproportional at one end, superdisproportional at the other end and superdiminished in the middle is a distorted economy not a healthy one. Numbers that look only at business, money, and employment aren't telling us what the state of the "economy" (thrift) is for the country, or the state, or the whatever.

And if you want to go "global" (a trip that too many people think actually means something) it's the same deal. There are no metrics for environmental destruction, illiteracy, poverty, disease, starvation, and displacement (migrants with no place to live and no where to go) added to the metrics for how great the global economy is doing.

Compared to what? Some other populated planet that we know of?
Etznab
2020-04-04 13:49:12 UTC
Post by fife

An economy that is increasingly superproportional at one end, superdisproportional at the other end and superdiminished in the middle is a distorted economy not a healthy one. Numbers that look only at business, money, and employment aren't telling us what the state of the "economy" (thrift) is for the country, or the state, or the whatever.
And if you want to go "global" (a trip that too many people think actually means something) it's the same deal. There are no metrics for environmental destruction, illiteracy, poverty, disease, starvation, and displacement (migrants with no place to live and no where to go) added to the metrics for how great the global economy is doing.
Compared to what? Some other populated planet that we know of?
Instead of spending trillions to bail out large corporations and individuals, Why not spend a fraction of that money to give everybody a free pinprick test to learn if they were already infected and have antibodies? This is a no brainer. That means that even Trump can figure it out.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article241687341.html
fife
2020-04-04 14:26:46 UTC
There are no easy answers to anything. Or damned few. Or "people" are so mixed up and confused they keep looking for complicated ones.

Here are a couple of stories from March 26

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/03/26/negative-coronavirus-test-result-doesnt-always-mean-you-arent-infected/

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/henry-schein-says-rapid-test-for-coronavirus-available

I guess its a matter of how many pinprick test units are available and how to reach 330 million people or bring 330 million people in for testing.

Also just because someone's not positive today doesn't mean they won't be later, catch the virus later. So does that mean testing and retesting 330 million people over and over again? ???
Etznab
Are you suggesting that someone with antibodies and already immune can really get infected and suffer again?
fife
2020-04-04 14:45:50 UTC
Are you suggesting that someone with antibodies and already immune can really get infected and suffer again?

I don't know. How many times can you have the flu?
fife
2020-04-04 14:57:00 UTC
Yes. An early theory was it might have started in bats. There were people partying in bat caves in Wuhan. But you don't have to eat bats. Partying in caves with bat droppings on the floor, saliva, whatnot might do it.

Early testing in the U.S.? There weren't enough tests. When Germany offered some of theirs we said no. And initially all screening was to go through the CDC in Atlanta. That was kind of a bottleneck.
Etznab
2020-04-04 15:20:04 UTC
Post by fife
Are you suggesting that someone with antibodies and already immune can really get infected and suffer again?
I don't know. How many times can you have the flu?
There is not just one kind of common cold, or one kind of flu virus.

"Well over 200 virus strains are implicated in causing the common cold, with rhinoviruses being the most common.[11]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

That was the common cold. As for influenza:

"Breaking It Down Further

"You don't hear about these designations on the news, but after subtypes and lineages, scientists further classify flu viruses into groups and subgroups, also called clades and subclades.

"All of these classifications are important when it comes to how they impact you and what vaccines will or won't work against them.

"When you know how many different variations of the flu virus exist, and that new ones are mutating all the time, it's easier to understand why scientists have a tough time predicting the next big strain."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/learn-about-different-types-of-flu-770509
fife
2020-04-04 14:39:57 UTC
:-) I was looking for a complicated answer. You mean for finding people who've been infected, to use their blood serum with it's antibodies. That adds another layer too, of course. All the blood would have to be screened. People who have or who've had certain infectious diseases can't give blood for use, their blood can't be used and it can't be allowed into the system.

But if you mean get some kind of a blood serum program going? Yes. Sure. If that's going to work.
Etznab
2020-04-04 14:44:01 UTC
I'm talking about the new pinprick test and using that to test people. What is complicated about this?
fife
2020-04-04 15:05:37 UTC
I'm talking about the new pinprick test and using that to test people. What is complicated about this?

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/henry-schein-says-rapid-test-for-coronavirus-available

It's not just a pinprick. Its a complicated little machine and you have to have one.

Even a pinprick has to be analyzed. And anyway, the problem is in how to get out into the country everywhere to test everyone or how to bring everyone in for testing.
Etznab
https://kdvr.com/news/fda-clears-test-to-detect-coronavirus-in-5-minutes/
fife
2020-04-04 15:31:41 UTC
Yes. But it's still a problem of getting these devices distributed. And how to get to everone to test them or bring everone in to be tested.

And No one's saying the "M" word. If this thing mutates, that's going to be another problem for everone working on a vaccine.
Etznab
2020-04-04 15:43:21 UTC
Post by fife
Yes. But it's still a problem of getting these devices distributed. And how to get to everone to test them or bring everone in to be tested.
And No one's saying the "M" word. If this thing mutates, that's going to be another problem for everone working on a vaccine.
About testing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/health/who-coronavirus-tests-cdc/index.html

The World Health Organization shipped thousands of tests while the U.S., so it seems, fumbledg along to perfect its own.

Back in February the CDC had a test? Yeah. And Trump said weeks ago there would be drive-by testing centers. Have you seen or heard about one near you?
fife
2020-04-04 16:04:51 UTC
And Trump said weeks ago there would be drive-by testing centers. Have you seen or heard about one near you?

No. But I have seen some kind of tent setup in the news. Somewhere else in the U.S. Some other city somewhere.
Etznab
2020-04-04 14:28:47 UTC
Post by Etznab
Post by fife

[...]
What I'm saying is spend money to learn who already had the virus vs. those who did not. Then treat people accordingly. Maybe send the immune persons back to work to stimulate the economy. Insure extra protections for those who have not been exposed. Just letting them know they are not immune would be a big help. It might cause more people to wear masks and observe social distancing. Maybe let the immune people go to parks and maybe eat at restaurants, etc. Meanwhile, quarantine all those testing positive.

As it is now, I think one of the biggest problems is ignorance. Not knowing who is infected, who is most vulnerable and who is immune. Should we all learn?

Why hasn't America already done this? I have a theory. If they had tested people right away, it might have revealed history about the virus' origin and spread. I think it still could! It's just a theory. Not saying this is true.

However, like with Eckankar and Paul Twitchell history, there has been a lot of spin. IOW, lots of writing about what is true and what is not. And most of that came out BEFORE the actual verifiable evidence about the actual verifiable truth! (The pseudo history vs. the actual truth confused a lot of people, led others to quarrel, and led many to leave the religion altogether, etc.) IOW, Did an ancient Eck Master named Rebazar Tarzs tell something to Paul Twitchell? Or did Paul Twitchell copy from a book and then make up a name like Rebazar Tarzs to re-appropriate the information for Eckankar, or another purpose?

Today a person can look at history and evolution for certain words and text and compare what "Eckankar" officially suggests was / is the case. And today one can look at all the news about corona virus and compare with what is scientifically actually and factually true. IOW what is definitely known and can be proven with evidence!

To date I think it fair to say people have not isolated the original source and the evolution for COVID19 BEFORE it entered humans. Neither have they determined when was THE FIRST COVID19 HUMAN INFECTION. November 17th, 2020 is the earliest I have heard of. Might it have happened earlier? With many more people infected earlier?

If there is a proven test to determine who has antibodies and who has already been infected and recovered, IMHO this could reveal some crucial informational history about the spread of the virus. It could also potentially provide virtual maps and timelines about the spread.

So why didn't the U.S. test people right away? I mean test everybody!

Here is another thing. Why weren't all Americans told to cover their faces while in public places? If everybody had done this, and the virus spread limited, it would potentially have highlighted the path of the virus even more!!! But now that the virus, already for about three months in the U.S.A., has spread more or less like the wind and many people becoming infected I imagine it will be harder to precisely map the spread according to location and time. There is a picture of things for sure, but is is absent knowledge of WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN INFECTED AND WHEN???
Etznab
2020-04-04 14:32:37 UTC
Post by Etznab
Post by fife

[...]

To date I think it fair to say people have not isolated the original source and the evolution for COVID19 BEFORE it entered humans. Neither have they determined when was THE FIRST COVID19 HUMAN INFECTION. November 17th, 2019 is the earliest I have heard of. Might it have happened earlier? With many more people infected earlier?

Etznab
2020-04-04 14:42:36 UTC
Post by Etznab
Post by Etznab
Post by fife

[...]
A popular theory now is that the virus originated from a bat because the human virus most closely resembles the one present in bats. It is not the same virus, and this suggests (if it did come from a bat) some form of mutation either before, or after entering the first human carrier of COVID19. This is just one of the theories.

The Spanish Flu, I believe, had an avian origin. Does it mean people stopped eating birds, or eggs? In fact, don't they use chicken eggs to make vaccines? For how long have people been eating bats? And what is this corona virus seen in bats? I would ask, Is it a long-standing virus or a new virus possibly resulting from change in global temperatures, etc.? I don't know. If there is time I will try to research it. Feel free to research as well. Instead of parroting what is spouted on the news stations 24/7.
Henosis Sage
2020-04-06 05:44:58 UTC
Post by Etznab
A popular theory now is that the virus originated from a bat because the human virus most closely resembles the one present in bats. It is not the same virus, and this suggests (if it did come from a bat) some form of mutation either before, or after entering the first human carrier of COVID19. This is just one of the theories.
The Spanish Flu, I believe, had an avian origin. Does it mean people stopped eating birds, or eggs? In fact, don't they use chicken eggs to make vaccines? For how long have people been eating bats? And what is this corona virus seen in bats? I would ask, Is it a long-standing virus or a new virus possibly resulting from change in global temperatures, etc.? I don't know. If there is time I will try to research it. Feel free to research as well. Instead of parroting what is spouted on the news stations 24/7.
Hi fyi eztnab medico experts (nobel prize in medicine folk) in Aus said the antibody has limitations as in errors not fully definitive reliable.

however as first point pre-screening system it has uses. being cheap helps. self administering as well, like a blood sugar test, could be posted in the mail. Not complicated as you suggest.

you're right about the immunity issue the sooner people know the better, and they should be able to get back to work etc, especially in medical situations going forward. You're on the money there.

with the under-testing done there are 5 to 10 times more people in the community who have had it and never had symptoms or tested for it (also medico expert insights). so the sooner that beings the better, becaseu the infections and spreading of the virus wis not goig away and it will remain a dangerous illness for a very long time.

TRUMP's Timeline of Covid-19 Statements Jan 22nd to March 9th when he said: "This blind-sided the world." https://twitter.com/DrDogMD1/status/1242092313532227584/photo/1

HUBRIS:
"Hubris describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous overconfidence, often in combination with (or synonymous with) arrogance."
ROFL

some history research on the SCIENCE and DATA .... timely
‘A Once-in-a-Century Pathogen’: The 1918 Pandemic & This One
Mark Honigsbaum
https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2020/03/17/a-once-in-a-century-pathogen-the-1918-pandemic-this-one/

Book: The Pandemic Century: One Hundred Years of Panic, Hysteria, and HUBRIS~! by Mark Honigsbaum "A Financial Times Best Book of the Year"
A medical historian narrates the last century of scientific struggle against an enduring enemy: deadly contagious disease.

Ever since the 1918 Spanish influenza pandemic, scientists have dreamed of preventing catastrophic outbreaks of infectious disease. Yet despite a century of medical progress, viral and bacterial disasters continue to take us by surprise, inciting panic and dominating news cycles. From the Spanish flu to the 1924 outbreak of pneumonic plague in Los Angeles to the 1930 “parrot fever” pandemic, through the more recent SARS, Ebola, and Zika epidemics, the last one hundred years have been marked by a succession of unanticipated pandemic alarms.

These pandemics remind us of the limits of scientific knowledge, as well as the role that human behavior and technologies play in the emergence and spread of microbial diseases. https://www.amazon.com/Pandemic-Century-Hundred-Hysteria-Hubris/dp/0393254755

-- google search you'll find more from him in mags, news interviews recently.
A HISTORY EXPERT ;-)

and here's a little item fwiw

An open letter to the people of the United States from 100 Chinese scholars
By Pan Mengqi | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2020-04-03

Respecting science, cherishing life and protecting people from harm should be our shared goals in the fight against COVID-19.
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202004/03/WS5e86e3cea310128217284457.html

Y'ALL TAKE CARE NOW.
Henosis Sage
2020-04-06 05:49:58 UTC
OH A ps

A FEW DAYS BACK saw a note in china news daily, that China have still not found Patient Zero.

imo they are continuing to research and document everything about CV in China behind the scenes - I suspect at some point "officials" in helth ministry they will update their numbers and make them public -- as in total deaths and estimate of how many were infected.

NO ONE on earth has accurate numbers of Confirmed Cases and won't ever have them .... these will be studied by academics and new Estimates made in due course - much like deaths and causalities during WW2 and the spanish flu ... best educated guesses is all we will ever have.

and whatever. :-)
Henosis Sage
2020-04-11 01:18:21 UTC
On Sunday, 5 April 2020 01:42:37 UTC+11, Etznab wrote:

APRIL 10TH

In South Korea, a country praised for its response to the pandemic, patients who tested positive for the virus have done so a second time
fife
2020-04-11 03:41:57 UTC
remdesivir

https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1181506
Etznab
2020-04-14 15:41:06 UTC
Post by fife
remdesivir
https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1181506
Not sure if I posted this. It's a small section taken out of context, but is what I wanted to focus on here.

"[...] Acquisition of a polybasic cleavage site in HA, by either insertion or recombination, converts low pathogenicity avian influenza viruses into highly pathogenic forms11-13. The acquisition of polybasic cleavage sites by the influenza virus HA has also been observed after repeated forced passage in cell culture or through animals14,15. Similarly, an avirulent isolate of Newcastle Disease virus became highly pathogenic during serial passage in chickens by incremental acquisition of a polybasic cleavage site at the junction of its fusion protein subunits16. [... .]"

http://virological.org/t/the-proximal-origin-of-sars-cov-2/398
wernertrp
2020-04-06 07:40:18 UTC
Post by Etznab
Three months after the start of a pandemic, the head of the CDC suggests wearing masks is probably a good idea.
A comparishion: Pest to Coronavirus

Pest:
death rate: approcs. 70%
death per population rate: 50%

Covid-19:
death rate per infection: 0,5 to 1,5 %
infection per population rate: 1.4 per 1000
Germany population 83 Million death: 1318 = 0.000016
wernertrp

Henosis Sage
2020-04-07 16:55:14 UTC
Post by Etznab
Three months after the start of a pandemic, the head of the CDC suggests wearing masks is probably a good idea.
Maybe something to this as a "treatment"

‘Striking’ evidence emerges that TB vaccine may be effective against Covid-19 — countries that use it have TEN TIMES fewer cases https://www.rt.com/news/485206-tb-vaccine-covid-19/
fife
2020-04-07 17:32:38 UTC
Hard to say right now but every possibility is being explored of course. The use of anti malaria drugs to reduce inflammation and therefore the severity and intensity. And there's research on BCG going on at a children's hospital in Melbourne I believe.

The preliminary study posted on medRxiv, a site for unpublished medical research, finds a correlation between countries that require citizens to get the bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccine and those showing fewer number of confirmed cases and deaths from Covid-19. Though only a correlation, clinicians in at least six countries are running trials that involve giving frontline health workers and elderly people the BCG vaccine to see whether it can indeed provide some level of protection against the new coronavirus.

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/no-strong-argument-that-bcg-jabs-reduce-covid-19-spread-says-health-dg/ar-BB12gAse

https://theprint.in/science/a-jnu-lab-is-working-on-a-revamped-bcg-vaccine-with-covid-19-protein-to-fight-pandemic/395915/?amp
Etznab
2020-04-09 15:16:20 UTC
Post by fife
[...]
Patient Zero is important. There are people in USA who swear they had this virus back in December, or November.

I wonder. When did the flu shots begin for people in USA for 2019? I'm guessing around November. Here is an article from early November, 2019.

"What can we expect from the flu season this year? Unfortunately, many experts are predicting an active, and possibly severe, flu season. This projection is based on data from Australia, where the flu season is just wrapping up. Australia was hit early and hard by flu this year: over 300,000 patients had laboratory-confirmed influenza, a record number of cases. Flu outbreaks in the Southern Hemisphere happen during our summers, and they often give us a clue as to what we should expect when the flu lands on our shores in the fall. [...] If you haven’t gotten your flu shot yet, now is the perfect time - that is, around the end of October and the beginning of November. We now think that getting the flu shot very early in the season may be a mistake, as immunity may fade when flu season is at its peak in January and February. Waiting until later may also be a mistake, as flu sometimes peaks earlier than we expect."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/bad-flu-season-predicted-did-you-get-your-shot-2019110418238

Probably as early as October people were getting vaccinated.

"Fall 2019 marks the beginning of flu season, so your healthcare providers may have already begun asking you if you’d like to get a flu vaccine."

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/flu-shots-vaccine-options-2019-2020/
fife
2020-04-09 17:04:21 UTC
Who was chela zero with Eckankar?

There was a news item yesterday that the first coronavirus case in California might have been in September so officials were checking through records. ???
fife
2020-04-09 17:23:59 UTC
But, I still think it's important to know who chela zero was with Eckankar. That way, we could all get in our time machines, go back and change history.

Wasn't it Gail Atkinson that the deep state of Paul Twitchell first tried his experiments on?
fife
2020-04-17 04:21:16 UTC
Three months after the start of a pandemic, the head of the CDC suggests wearing masks is probably a good idea.

What I'm wondering why about is now that that the daily news narratives are back to including some of the politics as usual and other stories besides virus news... no one's demanding a better health care system now and using some of that 2 trillion dollars to set up the framework for everyone to be tested and for everyone to have access to masks and gloves. There are lots of industries that could turn those things out if they were tapped to do it.
fife
2020-04-17 04:58:52 UTC
I really don't care for the government types that want to "privatise" everything whether that makes any sense or not. If the postal service collapses in the next 6 or 8 months I'm really not going to be happy about that. But that's the way everything's dealt with in the U.S. these days, it seems. Including the current epidemic. If this worked... but these types don't care. That's not their point.
uspstransportations agency
2022-08-21 23:51:40 UTC
Post by fife
I really don't care for the government types that want to "privatise" everything whether that makes any sense or not. If the postal service collapses in the next 6 or 8 months I'm really not going to be happy about that. But that's the way everything's dealt with in the U.S. these days, it seems. Including the current epidemic. If this worked... but these types don't care. That's not their point.
Hello Mates We sell magic mushrooms as well as medicinal and gourmet mushroom spores.
This companies ships worldwide and offer an enticing insurance policy for orders
that are missing. If your order is stopped for any reason, we will ship another identical
order free of charge.98% of international orders make it to their final destination.
https://mushroomsforsaleusa.com/
https://mushroomsforsaleusa.com/shop/
https://mushroomsforsaleusa.com/product-category/magic-mushroom-for-sale/
https://mushroomsforsaleusa.com/product-category/dmt-for-sale-online/